Precision Woodworker / Carpenter / Joiner
As the Precision Woodworker, you play a key role in processing, building and assembling products from our innovative material which is locally processed and sourced from recycled chopsticks. You will be part of ChopValue’s Vancouver headquarter, where we’ve pioneered an authentic manufacturing process that transforms un-utilized urban waste into beautiful and functional designs.
Just like the diverse type of chopsticks we collect, we have a diverse team of woodworkers, product designers and engineers, all share the common trait of authenticity, curiosity and grit. We want enthusiastic people that can embrace uncertainty and be a problem solver to challenges ahead. We might be small in size but we actualize our impact in a big way.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials using woodshop tools including planer, sander, table saw, chop saw, and hand woodworking tools
- Achieve daily goals specified by production management
- Look for ways to improve and streamline our process
- Consult with Product Manager and Sustainability Architect to better understand project scope and client requirements
- Carry out basic testing and quality checks
- Keeping the shop clean, tidy and clutter free
The Ideal Applicant:
- Has previous joinery, woodworking, carpentry or manufacturing experience.
- Is willing and capable to stand on his/her feet all day
- Able to handle repetitive tasks and work methodically
- Has exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Owns a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Works well with a team, excellent in communicating
Benefits of Joining:
- Comprehensive benefits after 3 month probation
- On the job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- A friendly, family-like progressive workplace
Please include your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to let us know how your interests and experience align with ChopValue’s mission and values.